Impacted by Covid-19?
The LIBAC executive leadership and grant team have been able to secure two separate grants of $10,000 each. The grants were provided by the United Way of Central Carolinas to assist the elderly and those most impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic in our community.
As a result of the grants provided, we are happy to provide assistance in the following areas:
Please note the following prerequisites for qualifying for assistance:
- You must be a resident of Mecklenburg county
- You must be a registered member (paid $5 registration fee)
- You must be current with your dues up to the month in which you are requesting assistance
- You must be behind at least one month on rent or facing eviction, or behind at least one month on utilities with no means of meeting the payment
- You must be able to provide a utility bill (Water, Phone, Electricity, Gas) which shows your arrears
- If applying for medication, you must me able to provide a copy of the prescription, the cost, and justify that you do not have a means of paying for it.
- If you are applying for transportation, you must provide justification and proof of need.
- You must be able to provide a valid ID: (drivers license, state ID, passport) for the person applying for assistance. If your name is not on the lease/rental agreement or utility, the person whose name is on the bill, needs to also be provided.
Please use the form below to get started with the process. You may upload applicable documents using the form, or email the documents to the grants team: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unable to submit the request or the required documentation electronically, please get in touch with the following members of the grant team:
Oyeti Hoskins: (203) 606-1634
Leona Williams: (980) 919-4653